Follow me on lovers recipes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Thoroughly mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, and salt together in a bowl. Roll the mixture into balls and arrange onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meatballs are browned on the bottom, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Stir the cornstarch and brown sugar together in the bottom of a saucepan and place over low heat. Add the reserved pineapple juice and vinegar; stir until smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil for 1 full minute before removing from heat; pour over the meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Add the pineapple chunks and green bell pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cook the mixture in the slow cooker on Low until the flavors are thoroughly combined, 3 to 4 hours.
recipes adapted from:allrecipes