Follow me on lovers recipes
- 1¼ cups whole-wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
Gold Medal Flour All-Purpose$1.99Thru 02/11
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
C&H Sugar Pure, Granulated$1.99Thru 02/11Domino Pure Cane Granulated Sugar$1.99Thru 02/11
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1½ teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat ½ cup sugar, butter and oil in another mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add egg white, lemon zest and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in lemon juice. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold in with a rubber spatula just until combined.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Place the remaining ¼ cup sugar in a saucer. Coat the bottom of a wide-bottomed glass with cooking spray and dip it in the sugar. Flatten the dough with the glass into 2½-inch circles, dipping the glass in the sugar each time.
- Bake the cookies until they are just starting to brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a flat surface (not a rack) to crisp.
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Per serving: 60 calories; 2 g fat(1 g sat); 0 g fiber; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 16 mcg folate;2 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 5 g added sugars; 24 IU vitamin A; 1 mg vitamin C; 15 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 46 mg sodium; 10 mg potassium
- Carbohydrate Servings: ½
- Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate