Follow me on lovers recipes
- 6slices bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ green chile enchilada sauce
- 2cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1tablespoon ranch dressing & seasoning mix
- 12flour or corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2cup diced onion
- 1can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons ranch dressing & seasoning mix
- 2cups Progresso™ chicken stock (from 32-oz carton)
- 1cup sour cream
Toppings, as desired
- Cilantro, onions, tomatoes, avocado, olives, shredded lettuce
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2In deep 10-inch skillet, cook chopped bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel-lined plate; discard drippings.
- 3In large bowl, stir together half of the bacon, the chicken, enchilada sauce, 1 cup of the cheese, and 1 tablespoon ranch dressing & seasoning mix.
- 4In same skillet, heat vegetable oil until hot. Cook onion and a pinch of salt in oil until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chiles; cook until any liquid is mostly evaporated. Quickly stir in flour, making sure of no dry lumps. Cook 1 minute; add 2 tablespoons ranch dressing & seasoning mix.
- 5Slowly beat in chicken stock with whisk. Simmer about 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Beat in sour cream; simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Spread some of the sauce in ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, just to coat bottom.
- 6Fill tortillas with chicken mixture, rolling up to make enchiladas. Arrange enchiladas in baking dish in two rows of six; top with rest of sauce, remaining cheese and bacon.
- 7Bake about 30 minutes or until edges of enchiladas begin to brown and sauce is bubbling. Let stand 10 minutes before serving with whatever toppings you like.