Follow me on lovers recipes
- 1 12-ounce package fettuccini
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning see note
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 white onion peeled and sliced
- 1 16-ounce jar prepared Alfredo sauce
- chopped parsley for garnish optional
- Cook the fettuccini according to the package directions and drain; set aside
- In a medium bowl, add 1 tablespoon of the cajun seasoning to the chicken and stir to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add additional oil if needed. Add the pepper and onion and cook until just tender. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant – about 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan and pour in the Alfredo sauce. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the cajun seasoning. Taste and add salt, pepper, or more cajun seasoning as desired. Add the pasta to the pan and stir to mix well. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
The salt content in various cajun seasonings varies widely. Using as different brand of seasoning than what’s shown here can greatly affect the dish. If you do use another one, be cautious and start with less than what is called for as to not make the dish too salty. You can always add more.