Follow me on lovers recipes
OUR TEX–MEX CHOPPED CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE IS EASY TO MAKE AND FILLING ENOUGH TO BE A MAIN COURSE!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED :
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning, hot or mild
- 3 cups chicken, cooked, cooled and diced
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped, about 1 head
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 4-5 green onions, sliced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, or pepper jack, cut into ¼” cubes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- jalapeño, diced, toasted pumpkin seeds, diced avocado or jicama for garnish (optional)
LET’S DO IT :
Makes: 8 servings (11 SP)
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for dressing then refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients together. Add dressing a little at a time then toss until lightly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.