Follow me on lovers recipes
Slow Cooker Chili Mac is pure comfort food made easy in your crock pot!!
Course: Main Dish, Slow Cooker
Servings: 6 + servings
- 1 pound very lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 30 oz can chili beans in chili sauce or 2 (15-16 oz) cans chili beans in chili sauce
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz elbow macaroni uncooked
- Desired toppings: cheddar sour cream, green onions, corn chips….
Place ground beef in the bottom of your slow cooker and break into smaller chunks. Stir in remaining ingredients except for the pasta.
Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. In the last 15 minutes of cooking stir in the uncooked pasta and cover. Stir and test to see if pasta is to your liking. However, even with the slow cooker off the pasta will continue to cook just from the heat of the chili and crock itself so unless your pasta is really chewy or crunchy I strongly suggest only cooking it for the last 15 minutes of cook time.
Serve immediately with desired toppings.
If you wish not to put the ground beef in raw, just brown before placing in your slow cooker at the beginning of cook time.