- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup rice (I used Basmati)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets (I used frozen)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used colby jack)
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and set aside. In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high.
- Add onion and chicken. Cook until chicken starts to brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the raw rice, soup and broth. Mix well. Cover with lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, continue cooking until rice is cooked through, stirring often.
- Stir in the cheese and frozen broccoli. Cover and continue cooking until broccoli is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from heat, add a sprinkle of cheese to the top. Cover with lid and let rest for a minute or two until the cheese melts. Enjoy!
Recipe from Jo Cooks.