Follow me on lovers recipes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add ground beef, sausage, onion and garlic.
- Cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef and sausage as it cooks drain excess fat.
- Place ground beef mixture into a slow cooker.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaves, oregano, basil, salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 8 hours.
- Stir well and serve immediately.
Tip: You can always adapt the seasoning to your own taste ?
Serving size: 6 servings