Follow me on lovers recipes
- 1 pound steak sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup gluten-free soy sauce*
- 1 bunch green onions chopped and separated white / green ends
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons korean chili paste
- Place the meat in a large bowl with the soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, onion whites, ginger, garlic, and chili paste. Mix to coat the steak and let marinade for 1 hour.
- Heat a wok or large non-stick skillet to high heat and transfer 1/3 of the marinaded meat into the pan and spread thinly. Allow meat to sear before flipping meat to other side for continued searing (tongs are very helpful at this stage!).
- After the meat is cooked and has browned and caramelized (about 5-6 minutes), repeat with the remaining marinated meat.
- Once all the meat has been cooked, throw in the green part of the green onions, the sesame seeds, and cracked pepper, and combine. Serve over warm tortillas and top with cucumber and carrot salsa!