- 6 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil (plus additional to sauté mushrooms)
- Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 2 cups Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Slice mushrooms and pound chicken breast with a mallet between 2 sheets of wax paper to about 1/4 inch. Dredge breast in seasoned crumbs.
- Heat a heavy stainless or cast iron pan (don’t use non-stick). Add the butter and the olive oil till butter melts and is bubbly. Add chicken breast and brown on both sides.
- Remove browned breast. Add additional olive oil and saute mushrooms and garlic.
- Deglaze pan with wine.
- Add browned chicken breast back to pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 min.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add cream and reduce sauce 50%.
- Serve over cooked pasta, if desired.