- 2 packages spice cake mix (regular size)
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Red, yellow and green paste or liquid food coloring
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the cake mixes, eggs, pumpkin, oil and milk; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in baking chips. Fill two greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Pour remaining batter into two greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pans.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 minutes for cupcakes and 40-45 minutes for cakes. Cool in pans, 25 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Level the bottom of each cake. Spread one cake bottom with frosting; place cake bottoms together to form a pumpkin. Set aside.
- Combine red and yellow food coloring to make orange; tint about three-fourths of the frosting. Tint remaining frosting green.
- Place one cupcake right side up in the center of the cake to support the stem. Place a dollop of green frosting on the cupcake and top with an upside-down cupcake; frost with green frosting. Frost the cake with orange frosting.
- With green frosting, pipe curly vines and leaves. Combine coconut with green food coloring; sprinkle around base of cake.
Editor’s Note: Cakes must be baked in identical cake pans or baked in two batches.
1 slice: 581 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends