Follow me on lovers recipes
- 1 cooked hot or sweet Italian sausage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 1/2 cups cream (light cream is fine)
- 1/3 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked gemelli (or any cooked pasta shape)
- 1 cup baby spinach, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Saute mushrooms in butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
Add the sliced sausage; heat through. Add the cream and heat through.
Stir in the cheese and stir until smooth. Add the salt, pepper and garlic powder–add more of any if necessary.
Reduce the sauce by 1/4 (about 3 minutes).
Stir in the spinach and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.