Follow me on lovers recipes
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 small lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh rice noodles
- warm water, as needed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- Whisk together rice vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, red pepper flakes, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Marinate chicken into rice vinegar mixture; set aside while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Separate rice noodles in warm water, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook and stir the garlic and onion in the hot oil until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir chicken and marinade into onion mixture; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center and sauce begins to thicken, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir rice noodles, oyster sauce, soy sauce, red bell pepper, tomatoes, green onion, and basil leaves into the chicken mixture; cook and stir until sauce is evenly distributed and noodles are tender, 5 minutes more.
recipes adapted from:allrecipes