Follow me on lovers recipes
- 12 oz. celllentani pasta (may sub rigatoni penne, etc.)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.75 oz. can sweet creamed corn
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz. can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4 oz. can mild diced green chilies
- 1 tsp EACH chili pwdr, cumin, salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cups Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- extra cheese
- hot sauce
- Cook pasta al dente in generously salted water (don’t overcook). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Drain off any excess grease.
- Turn heat down to medium and stir in creamed corn, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, green chilies, and all seasonings/spices. Turn heat to low, and simmer gently uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted, then stir in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese until melted. Add pasta and stir until evenly coated. You can serve as is or proceed to bake:
- Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and add pasta. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheeses and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes then broil until cheese is golden.
- Garnish with tortilla strips and other desired toppings.