Follow me on lovers recipes
- 12 oz. celllentani pasta (may sub rigatoni penne, etc.)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.75 oz. can sweet creamed corn
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz. can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4 oz. can mild diced green chilies
- 1 tsp EACH chili pwdr, cumin, salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cups Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- extra cheese
- hot sauce
Cook pasta al dente in generously salted water (don’t overcook). Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Drain off any excess grease.
Turn heat down to medium and stir in creamed corn, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, green chilies, and all seasonings/spices. Turn heat to low, and simmer gently uncovered for 10 minutes.
Stir in cream cheese until melted, then stir in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese until melted. Add pasta and stir until evenly coated. You can serve as is or proceed to bake:
Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and add pasta. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheeses and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes then broil until cheese is golden.
Garnish with tortilla strips and other desired toppings.