Follow me on lovers recipes
- 4 eggs
- 1 head lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 pound bacon – cooked and crumbled
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and completely cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 12 minutes. Remove eggs and chill.
- In a 9×13 inch dish, layer the lettuce, onion, water chestnuts and peas.
- In a medium bowl combine the mayonnaise, sugar, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Mix until smooth. Spread over the top evenly over the top of the peas. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Peel and chop hard-cooked eggs.
- Remove salad from refrigerator and top with the bacon, eggs and tomato. Serve.
recipes adapted from:allrecipes