- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1/8 tsp. coarsely-ground black pepper (or more/less to taste)
PEPPER STEAK INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb. thinly sliced flank steak or sirloin, cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced (or 2 regular-sized bell peppers, thinly sliced)
- 2 scallions, sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces, white and green pieces separated
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
TO MAKE THE MARINADE:
Add all marinade ingredients to a large bowl or ziplock bag, and stir to combine. Add the sliced steak, and toss in the marinade. Cover/seal and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
TO MAKE THE PEPPER STEAK:
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the sweet peppers and white part of the scallions, ginger, garlic, and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to the saute pan. Remove half the steak from the marinade with a slotted spoon (reserving the marinade) and saute about 2-3 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer steak to plate with the veggies. Saute the remaining steak, then transfer to plate.
Add the reserved marinade to the skillet and cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Add the steak, veggies and green parts of the scallions to the skillet, and stir to combine. Cook for an additional minute, then remove from heat.
Serve immediately over rice or quinoa.