- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest, optional
- Sugared cranberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, oil and orange zest. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and cloves; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in carrots and cranberries.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, milk, ginger and orange zest if desired.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If desired, top with sugared cranberries.
1 piece: 729 calories, 43g fat (15g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends