Follow me on lovers recipes
- 8 oz. bowtie pasta (or your favorite type)
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into pieces* (see note below)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 – 3 tsp Cajun seasoning, to taste (I use Joe’s Stuff or Weber N’Orleans Cajun)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste, if needed
- Add pasta to a large pot of boiling water. Cook until noodles are tender, but add the broccoli to the pot of boiling pasta water about 1 minute before the noodles are done. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot or skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the chicken pieces and season with cajun seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the cream cheese, stirring well until melted and smooth, 2-3 minutes. Gradually add milk and stir until it’s fully incorporated into the sauce. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is the desired consistency. Add broccoli and hot cooked pasta and stir to combine.