Follow me on lovers recipes
1 1⁄3 cups sugar
1⁄2 cup butter, softened
1⁄2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1⁄4 cups mashed ripe bananas
3⁄4 cup broken pecans
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition – use a mixer.
- Stir baking soda into buttermilk and add to mixture.
- Sift baking powder with flour and blend into creamed mixture.
- Add vanilla and banana and mix.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into greased and floured 9″x5″ loaf pan. (May also use 4 mini loaf pans.).
- Bake at 300 degrees F for about 1 1/2 hours or until loaf tests done with a toothpick. (Bake for 50-60 minutes for mini loaves.).
- Cool for 20-30 minutes before removing from pan.