Follow me on lovers recipes
- 1 canister refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb. Zaycon Fresh 93 / 7 Super Lean Ground Beef
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Fiesta Blend shredded cheese, divided
- 1 tomato, diced, plus additional for top, if desired
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- Sour cream and taco sauce for serving, if desired
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining it with parchment.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- in a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until soft, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the Zaycon Fresh 93 / 7 Super Lean Ground Beef and cook until brown.
- Add the Homemade Taco Seasoning and water and mix until well incorporated.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer the piece of parchment to your work surface.
- Place the pizza dough on the parchment and roll it so that it measures 10 X 15 – inches.
- With a pizza cutter, make slices 1 1/2 – inches thick and 3 – inches in along both long sides of the dough.
- Place the ground beef down the center of the dough.
- Cover the beef with 3/4 cup of cheese and then add the diced tomato.
- Beginning at one end of the braid, fold the end up and wrap the first two slices over to secure it.
- Repeat the wrapping with the remaining slices just until the last two.
- Fold the remaining end up and wrap the last two slices over it to secure.
- Gently brush the top and side with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
- Transfer the parchment on to the rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cover with chopped Romaine lettuce and additional tomato, if desired.
- Serve with sour cream and taco sauce.